The auction highlights the creativity and bounty of our local community
Our annual auction showcases the creativity and generosity of our co-op community in the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts. Proceeds from the auction support our goal of building a sustainable food hub while making good food from close to home affordable for as many people in our community as possible. You can also DONATE DIRECTLY on a one-time or recurring basis to support Quabbin Harvest, including making a tax-deductible donation through the Quabbin Food Connector--email us for details.
We're back in person this year! But we're also keeping the Online Silent Auction that we used in the past two years, so more people can participate. Here's the schedule:
- Online Silent Auction starting Fri, Oct 21 and wrapping up at 5 pm on Fri, Nov 4. You can see all of the Silent Auction items here and place bids by typing your name into the sheet for the item you want. (There's a page called "HOW TO BID" with instructions for troubleshooting if need be.) Winners will be announced during the Live Auction.
- Live Auction at the First Univeralist Church in Orange (31 North Main Street, right across the street from the store) with auctioneer Michael Humphries, preceded by a Social Hour from 6-7 pm with refreshments, music by Max McFarland, and some bonus Silent Auction items from.
The AUCTION CATALOG is available online and also in hard copy in the store. HERE'S THE ONLINE LINK. There are lots of fabulous items, including
- a weeknight stay in Salamander Hollow's sweet cabins in Warwick (2022 finalist for Best HipCamp Massachusetts)
- custom trivia event with trivia master Mike Talarico
- seed garlic and garlic-planting consultation from Seeds of Solidarity
- full set of tires from Pete's Tire Barn
- tour of the historic Massachusetts State House plus lunch with our own Rep. Susannah Whipps
- many beautiful and unique art and craft items: baskets, pottery, soap, jewelery, paintings and photographs
- and much more!