Our annual auction showcases the creativity and generosity of our co-op community in the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts. Proceeds from the auction support our goal of building a sustainable food hub while making good food from close to home affordable for as many people in our community as possible. You can also DONATE DIRECTLY on a one-time or recurring basis to support Quabbin Harvest, including making a tax-deductible donation through the Quabbin Food Connector--email us for details.
After last year's very successful hybrid auction, we're following the same format for 2023. Here's the schedule:
- Online Auction starting Fri, Oct 20 and wrapping up at 5 pm on Fri, Nov 3. Winners will be announced during the Live Auction.
- Live Auction at the First Univeralist Church in Orange (31 North Main Street, right across the street from the store) with auctioneer Michael Humphries, preceded by a Social Hour from 6-7 pm with refreshments, music by Richard Chase, and some bonus Silent Auction items. Everyone is invited to bring a potluck appetizer or non-alcoholic drink to share (beer and wine will be available too)!
Here's the full AUCTION CATALOG (also available in hard copy in the store). This year's list of exciting items includes:
- a weeknight stay in Salamander Hollow's sweet cabins in Warwick (2022 finalist for Best HipCamp Massachusetts)
- homemade dinner for six at Seeds of Solidarity Farm in Orange
- a tour of the historic New Salem Center Cemetery with gravestone restoration expert TaMara Conde
- a stunning handmade Windsor chair by Laura Pepper of Pepper Woodworking
- services like gardening help, knife sharpening, and piano tuning
- a week-long getaway in early May or late October at a beautiful vacation home in Chatham, Mass. (with an outdoor sleeping porch!)
- many beautiful and unique art and craft items: baskets, pottery, soap, and jewelery, plus paintings and photographs by popular local artists Ami Fagin, Susan Paju, Casey Williams, and others
- and much much more!