Recipe: Shallot Viniagrette Salad Dressing
This shallot vinaigrette recipe is the house dressing for many French restaurants. It provides a great base and neutral, yet zippy flavor for numerous types of salads and grilled vegetable dishes. Try shallot dressing with contrasting flavors like salads featuring fruit, or enhance mild flavors, like zucchini.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil (extra light olive, canola)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake until the dressing is well blended.
- Alternately, you can vigorously whisk the ingredients in a small bowl until they are completed incorporated together.
This shallot vinaigrette recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
Posted: to Recipes on Mon, Apr 9, 2012
Updated: Mon, Apr 9, 2012