Recipe: Braised Celery
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Arrange the celery in a single layer on the bottom of a large skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dot with butter.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in boiling water, and pour over the celery.
- Cover pan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Posted: to Recipes on Fri, Jan 6, 2012
Updated: Fri, Jan 6, 2012