Recipe: Vegan Coconut Cream
Adapted from "Dairy Free Made Easy" by Alisa Marie Fleming
We had this yummy concoction at Thanksgiving. Mmmm.
- 2 15 ounce cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 4 tablespoons tapioca flour, added 1 tablespoon at a time
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chill the cans of coconut milk over one night in the fridge.
- Open the cans, drain off the clear liquid and transfer the cream into a chilled bowl, using a rubber spatula scrape all of the cream out of the cans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the thick coconut cream in the chilled bowl until it is thick and fluffed.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and tapioca flour. Test between each tablespoon for flavor and consistency.
Tip: You can get the coconut milk, tapioca flour, and the vanilla at co-op!
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Dec 1, 2011
Updated: Thu, Dec 1, 2011