Recipe: Dandelion greens
According to acclaimed cookbook author Rebecca Wood, dandelion greens are more nutritious than broccoli!
Epicurious.com recommends eating them sauteed with garlic and red pepper.
3 pound dandelion greens, tough lower stems discarded and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 5 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Cook greens in a 10-to 12-quart pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 8 quarts water), uncovered, until ribs are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking and drain well, gently pressing out excess water.
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook garlic and red-pepper flakes, stirring, until pale golden, about 45 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high, then add greens and sea salt and sauté until coated with oil and heated through, about 4 minutes.
- newsfile 600 share-a-shelf-brochure-FINAL.pdf
- newsfile 602 application-for-recipe-for-wellness.pdf
- newsfile 609 team-member-job-posting.jpg
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Feb 24, 2011
Updated: Thu, Apr 28, 2011