Recipe: Creamed Collard Greens
From The Nourished Kitchen
Collard Greens Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tbsps butter, preferably from grass-fed cows (see sources)
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 bunches collard greens, stems removed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream, not ultrapasteurized (see sources)
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- unrefined sea salt, to taste
Collard Greens Recipe Instructions
- Melt butter in a skillet over a moderately high flame until it froths, then toss in sliced yellow onion, frying in melted butter until fragrant and a bit caramelized around the edges.
- Add chopped collard greens to the skillet, stirring until slightly wilted, about two minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in one cup heavy cream and simmer for about five to six minutes, until the cream is largely reduced.
- Season with freshly grated nutmeg and unrefined sea salt as it suits you and serve hot.
YIELD: about 4 servings.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Oct 19, 2011
Updated: Wed, Oct 19, 2011