Recipe: Leek Pie
from the China Study Cookbook
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- about 4 cups chopped leeks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 ounces silkne tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomoatoes (dry, not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 can chopped black olives
- For the crust, preheat oven to 350 F. Wash and grate potatoes. Squeeze grated potatoes and drain moisture from them. Stir in tofu, milk, nutritional yeast, almond meal, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Spread and pat potatoes into a non-stick pie plate.
- Bake the potato crust until golden brown (around 20 - 25 minutes). Remove from oven.
- For the filling, saute leeks and garlic in broth over medium-high heat, until leeks are tender. Add wine and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tofu, lemon juice, salt, bread crumbs, tarragon, thyme, mushrooms, tomatoes, soy milk, and olives. Gently fold in the leeks.
- Spoon filling into crust and bake 30 - 35 minutes.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Jan 5, 2014
Updated: Sun, Jan 5, 2014