Recipe: Pan Roasted Radishes
- ½ cup thinly sliced dried Mission figs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups trimmed radishes, halved or quartered (10 oz.)
- 8 cups baby spinach and
- 4 cups radish greens
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped black oil-cured olives, optional
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar, plus more to taste
1. Place figs in small bowl, and cover with boiling water. Plump 5 minutes, then drain, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes, cover, and cook 3 minutes, or until browned on one side (do not stir). Shake pan, and cook, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes more, or until radishes are just tender. Transfer to bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Set aside.
3. Return skillet to heat, and add remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Add spinach and radish greens, and cook 2 minutes, or until barely wilted, turning with tongs. Add pine nuts, figs, olives (if using), and radishes. Cover, and cook 3 minutes more, or until greens are tender and radishes are heated through. Transfer to serving bowl, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Dec 11, 2013
Updated: Wed, Dec 11, 2013