Recipe: Rose Elliot’s Chunky Potato and Leek Soup
1 medium leek, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespons butter
2 cups vegetable stock
Squeeze of lemon juice
salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
Chopped chives and croutons to garnish.
- Melt the butter on a low heat
- Add the sliced leeks and diced potatoes, stir to coat them in butter. Fry, covered, on a low heat for 10 minutes. Stirring often. Do not brown
- Continue cooking, very gently, (heat on minimum) covered, for a further 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, stir and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Squeeze in approximately half a tablespoonful of lemon juice.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives and croutons.
- Serve with fresh baked crusty bread.
Posted: to Recipes on Sat, Aug 31, 2013
Updated: Sat, Aug 31, 2013