Recipe: Pear-Raspberry Tart
from Everyday Food magazine
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for parchment
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 small, firm, ripe pears, such as Bartlett or Anjou, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured parchment-lined baking sheet and gently stretch into a 9 1/2″ square. With a paring knife, score pastry 3/4″ from the edges, creating a border. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Stir together raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, flour, and salt. Lightly mash some berries to release juices and let stand 5 minutes. Very gently stir in pears. Spread evenly within border of pastry. Brush border with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375° and bake until juices are bubbling and crust is deep golden brown, about 30 min (tent crust with foil if overbrowning). Dip pastry brush in juices and glaze fruit. Let cool 15 min before serving (or let sit at room temperature, up to 8 hours).
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Aug 1, 2013
Updated: Thu, Aug 1, 2013