Recipe: Royal Blueberry Soup
from Cooking Light
- 1 pound dark purple seedless grapes
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1. Remove stems from fruit. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Place fruit in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add grape juice and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Place blueberry mixture in a food processor; process until almost smooth. Strain; discard solids. Chill 2 hours.
- 2. Stir in rind, juice, and salt. Ladle about 1/2 cup into each of 5 chilled bowls; garnish with mint and additional lemon rind, if desired.
Posted: to Recipes on Fri, Jul 19, 2013
Updated: Fri, Jul 19, 2013