Recipe: Vidalia Onion Jelly
Sweet Vidalia Onion Jelly
- 3 cups chopped Vidalia Onions
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin (Ball Fruit Jell No Sugar Needed variety)
- Puree the onion and vinegar together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and crushed pepper and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for five (5) minutes and then stir in the powdered pectin.
- Bring to a hard boil and boil for one (1) minute.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, secure the lids and process for ten (10) minutes in a boiling water bath.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, May 29, 2013
Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013