Recipe: Sweet Potato Carrot Kugel
from the autonomie project
Sweet Potato Carrot Kugel
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup grated organic sweet potato (with or without skin)
- 1 cup grated organic carrots
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup organic Earth Balance
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup or agave
- 2 Tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp organic nutmeg
- 1 Tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. With a food processor or grater, grate the sweet potatoes and carrots and set aside.
- Grease a casserole dish with a little extra margarine. In a large mixing bowl, combine the matzo meal, Egg Replacer, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and carrots.
- On the stove top, melt the Earth Balance.
- Next, pour the melted butter and maple syrup into the bowl and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish, cover with lid or foil, and bake for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid to brown the top.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon and nutmeg.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Mar 24, 2013
Updated: Sun, Mar 24, 2013