Recipe: Baked Quinoa Patties
adapted from 101 Cookbooks
Baked Quinoa Patties
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup flax seeds, ground
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1/3 cup dill
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seeds and water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so, until the mixture is thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa and flax seed mixture. Stir until well combined. Add in chives, dill, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and nutritional yeast. Mix well and add in bread crumbs and baking powder. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes.
- At this point, look at the consistency of your patties and make necessary adjustments. The mixture should be very moist, but if you feel it is too moist you can add in breadcrumbs or flour. Alternatively, dry mixture equals dry patties, so you may need to add water or wet your hands as you form the patties.
- Spray a baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Arrange patties and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Makes about 16 small patties.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Posted: to Recipes on Tue, Feb 12, 2013
Updated: Tue, Feb 12, 2013