Recipe: Ginger Miso Dressing with Squash and Spinach Salad
Ginger Miso Dressing with Squash & Spinach Salad
This dressing is very versatile; pour it over hot veggies to serve hot or cold, over noodles, over rice and veggies. It’s a great marinade/sauce for chicken, fish or pork, too. Try it with this tasty roasted squash and spinach salad, the sweetness of the squash really sings with the tangy dressing.
- 7 cups winter squash, peeled and cubed (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (toasted sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and cube the squash and put on a baking sheet, then drizzle with the oil and the sesame seeds. Toss to coat the squash, then spread the cubes evenly on the pan. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the squash is tender when pierced with a paring knife. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the miso, ginger, vinegar, tamari or soy sauce, sesame oil and agave or honey.
- To serve, put the spinach and squash in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Oct 25, 2012
Updated: Thu, Oct 25, 2012