Recipe: Kasha with Red Cabbage
Kasha with Red Cabbage & Apple
- 1 lb. kasha
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 qt. onion, chopped
- 2 red cabbages
- 1 qt. carrots, shredded
- thyme to taste
- allspice to taste
- red wine to taste
- garlic to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 apples, shredded
- Stir kasha with beaten eggs until well mixed.
- Transfer to skillet over medium heat.
- Stir kasha over heat until dry and grains are separated, about 3 mins.
- Sauté onions until lightly browned; add kasha and water at twice the volume of kasha.
- Bring to a boil; simmer 15 mins.
- Braise cabbage with thyme, allspice, red wine, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients into kasha except apple
- Add shredded apple toward end of cooking.
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Aug 23, 2012
Updated: Thu, Aug 23, 2012