Recipe: Dairy-Free Basil Pesto
from Vegetarian Times
- 3 cups basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup olive oil
To make Quick Pesto:
- Place basil and garlic in food processor, and process until finely chopped.
- Add pine nuts and nutritional yeast, and process 1 minute, or until pine nuts are finely chopped and mixture is paste-like.
- With motor running, add olive oil in steady stream.
- Process 1 minute more, or until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Posted: to Recipes on Sat, Aug 18, 2012
Updated: Sat, Aug 18, 2012