Recipe: Zucchini Blossoms With Burrata and Tapenade
from the NY Times
- 1 cup pitted mixed black olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for garnish
- 12 squash blossoms
- 1 piece burrata or buffalo mozzarella
- Coarse sea salt.
In a food processor, combine olives, anchovy, garlic, rosemary and lemon zest.
Using the pulse button, process until coarsely chopped and well blended.
Continue to process, slowly adding 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Cut a lengthwise slit in each blossom.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon burrata and 1/2 teaspoon tapenade into each blossom (you may not use all of the cheese or tapenade).
Transfer blossoms to a platter.
Drizzle generously with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Jul 8, 2012
Updated: Sun, Jul 8, 2012