Recipe: Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Drops
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Drops
- 1 ½ pounds medium asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 lemon
Some Optional Toppings
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Toasted pine nuts
- Slivers of sun-dried tomato
- Crushed pistachio nuts
- Capers crisped in hot olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap off the bottom 2 inches of each asparagus spear and trim the ends with a small knife to make them neat.
- Put the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Push the garlic through a press and, using your hands, rub the oil and garlic over the asparagus. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes until just tender and browned in spots; shake the pan twice during roasting.
- Squeeze drops of lemon on the asparagus and sprinkle with salt.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, May 16, 2012
Updated: Wed, May 16, 2012