Recipe: Portobello Mushroom Steaks
Portobello Steaks Recipe
- 2 whole portobello mushrooms
- ½ whole small onion, diced
- 1 whole garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broth
- 3 tbsp basalmic vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin or sherry
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chives (optional)
- ½ tsp basil
- Line a large frying pan with a thin layer of broth.
- Remove stems from mushroom and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the mushrooms, and turn to medium.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook for five minutes.
- Gently flip mushrooms over and cook for 5 minutes more, adding more broth as needed to prevent sticking or burning.
- Plate mushrooms and spoon leftover juices on top.
Chef's Note: Water may be substituted for the broth.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Updated: Wed, Apr 25, 2012